Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Journey Begins!

At the Pavilion by the River © 2007
17.5" x 27.5'' Watercolor
SOLD

Hello, I am Jinghua Gao Dalia, a watercolorist who specializes in Chinese brush painting. My new blog is titled, "Brush Magic," which I hope will give you some sense of the magic within my artistic world. I have been cultivating my art work for over three decades.

I use traditional Chinese brush painting techniques to paint landscapes, birds and flowers, and figures in either detail or free style. My watercolor paintings move between classic and contemporary Chinese concepts. I am also interested in the use of color from a Western perspective. Further, I freely incorporate Western concepts of composition, light, shadow, perspective, and color to explore space and to develop bolder compositions.

Each of my paintings exists as a poetic expression of the interaction between space and form. My subjects are those of traditional Chinese nature painting and the balance between the fundamental forces of Yin (female, passive, dark, mystical) and Yang (male, active, light, rational). I see Nature in this traditional sense, not as a “still life,” but in its most profound relationship to humankind as the sustainer of life and the source of life’s deepest meaning.

2 comments:

Nita Leger Casey said...

very nice Jing hua , you are a wonderful artist, good luck with your blog.
nita

Anonymous said...

That is one of the most beautiful paintings I've ever seen. The work is so fine and delicate. I can't wait to see more. Thank you!!!!